Sunday, June 17, 2012

Spotlight: Daniel McCleary (and other fathers)

"A Father to the fatherless, a defender of widows
Is God in His holy dwelling." - Psalm 68:5

In light of Father's Day, I am thankful for three things: my father, my Father, and all of my adopted "fathers".

I am thankful for my father because he knew the meaning of fatherhood by spending all of his time at home with his children.  He believed one of the greatest tragedies on our generation is the lack of fathers who desire to merely be with their children.  I have learned a lot from his example.

I am thankful for my Father because He has revealed Himself to me as a Father to the fatherless.  God has given me hope and joy in spite of tragedy.  Because of eternity, I know that I will see my dad again.

I am thankful for those who have surrounded our family to take on the "father" role in our lives.  I have so many older men that I can turn to when I need my father-figure role fulfilled.  


"Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it."
-Proverb 22:6


No comments:

Post a Comment